Search This Blog

Friday 24 December 2010

December update

Bottled the elderberry wine last weekend, had a taste - quite good!  Added 1/4 cup of white sugar and
topped up with water to about 1 gallon.  Didn't have to adjust the sharpness with the citric acid, as I think elderberries are quite sharp anyway.  Added the oak maturation sachet, so wine should be ready in 2-3 weeks.  Bottled with my new corking tool, which slightly depresses the cork at the top, making it a bit malformed, but seems to seal ok.  Maybe we'll try a bottle on New Years Eve.



In November, I made a willow wall hanging from a kit for my grandmother.  First time, and think it turned out ok!






And how about these for homemade Christmas tree decorations? Cute, hey?!









And I don't think I've made a bad effort on the presents either...


But I've saved the best til last!  Today, a whole day early (because let's face it, it would have been cruel to box and wrap him!), I received my present from my OH.  Mario!!!!  10 weeks old, incredibly playful and bold.  The best present ever!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment